4.07.2011

i just shouldn't listen

i do not want to turn my new and improved blogging land into a space to discuss my political opinions, but i do feel a need to state my opinion for just a moment. listening to the radio tonight on my quick drive to the grocery store i happened in on a conversation between hugh hewitt and rick santorum where-in rick declared that planned parenthood has never cared about women's health and were only interested in abortions and eugenics. as a woman, a woman that has utilized the amazing services of planned parenthood since my teenage years, i couldn't be more offended. i have used planned parenthood for such a wide range of services including, but not limited to: birth control, plan b, advice, medical paperwork, and pregnancy tests (where they never offered me an abortion option, btw.) planned parenthood gives so many young women a place to admit that they are having sex and take the proper precautions to prevent unwanted pregnancies. they have been a safe haven for so many women and a friend to many more. i absolutely cannot stand sitting back and listening to a man tell people his opinions about a place he never even tried to understand. as women we deserve an option, a place, a voice, a fracking opinion - for hell's sake. it's such a maddening issue to me.

all that being said, chunk loved her some carrots today. it seemed as if the puffs really helped motivate her to eat and enjoy eating. she actually napped today, allowed me to sleep for 3 entire hours last night, and the husband and i are hoping that she will extend that to at least 3 and a 1/2 tonight. i feel hopeful. she seems to be coming around to a napping schedule. as a skeptic, though, i know that as soon as she gets on a schedule something horrible will come along to knock her off of it.

i love red wine. i love it a lot. it helps me tell my 3 year old, who is currently covering my glass patio doors in bubbles, that he is right in the fact that he thinks he is actually cleaning them. i just smile, try and hold back my ocd needs to clean the mess of bubbles off my windows, and then sip my wine knowing that it gives me sour grape comfort - for the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I too, have heard a ton of really terrible things about Planned Parenthood. I don't understand where it's coming from...I used them many times for the same things as you have, and never EVER have I been offered an abortion.

    ReplyDelete